Epic paleo zucchini slice
This recipe was a massive hit when I posted in on Instagram so there you have it! It is paleo, low-carb, sugar-free, gluten-free and really nice to top with some avocado or tahini and some salad and enjoy for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I can inspired by this recipe from IQS but made some adjustments. So here's how:
- 2/3 cups (150g) bacon or sun-dried tomato for a vegetarian alternative
- 3-4 cups (600g) grated zucchini (about 3 medium).
- 1 small brown onion.
- 6 eggs.
- 1 1/4 cup (140g) almond meal.
- 1 tbs coconut flour or flax meal
- 1/3 cup ghee or coconut oil
- 2tbs nutritional yeast flakes for a cheeze taste
- some salt, and I added also turmeric and dried coriander leaf
- 1 small red chilli, finely diced., optional
1. Preheat the oven to 175C/350F and line a 15 x 30 cm (6 x 12 inches) dish with baking paper.
2. Dice the bacon and fry over high heat until brown and crispy.
3. Meanwhile, wash and in a bowl grate the zucchini and onions and add the coconut flour or flax meal, salt and your seasonings such as turmeric powder, coriander, oregano or freshly chopped parsley
4. In a blender add the eggs and the almond meal
5. Add the egg mixture into the zucchini mixture, add the pre-cooked bacon and mix well. The mixture should be just pourable.
6. Pour into the lined baking dish and bake for 40 minutes or until cooked through. Leave to cool before slicing into small squares. The slice should last in the refrigerator for 3-4 days and will also freeze well.