The Hemsley sisters coconut flour blueberry pancakes
My favourite place to eat in London is definitely the Hemsley + Hemsley cafe at Selfridges. Weird to visit Selfridges only to eat at this place but seriously this food is exactly what I want to it. Unfortunately for me I do not live in London (for now) so I am lucky enough to have their epic cookbooks which I highly recommend. These books Good & Simple and The Art of Eating Well really are my favourite! Why? All recipes are naturally gluten-free, call for minimal amounts of sugars (maple syrup or honey) which I usually omit, and they have wonderful healthy twists on amazing dishes.
One of my favourite recipes are these protein packed blueberry pancakes that I have had at the cafe as well as made myself and LOVE! I highly recommend them as a breakfast and if you have a kiddy they will love them too. You can easily pack them too and take with you.
I propose serving them with my favourite tahini cream, nuts, coconut flakes and cacao nibs!
If you are on a quitting sugar protocol omit the maple syrup!
- 3 tablespoons of warm water or nut milk
- 2 tablespoons of virgin coconut oil or ghee, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of coconut flour
- 10 drops of stevia or stevia granules. click here for the best one and it will last you for at least one year so it is worth it.
- 1 tiny sprinkle of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon or more of cinnamon
- Wash the blueberries and allow them to dry.
- Melt the coconut oil or butter, on a low heat
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs, stevia vanilla and salt in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Sift in the coconut flour and bicarbonate of soda and blend with the melted coconut oil to make a batter.
- Add water a tablespoon at a time to get the right consistency. It will NOT be runny at all, you need it thick. Let sit for 5 minutes before cooking
- Use a spatula to redistribute any leftover coconut oil in the frying pan and on a medium heat add 2 tablespoons of the batter. Push 5 blueberries into the centre of the pancake and the blueberries will spread slowly as it cooks.
- When bubbles form on top of the pancakes check if you can loosen them easily and carefully turn it over – it may need a little longer.
- After another minute or so the pancake is cooked and ready to serve.
- drizzle with tahini cream, or almond butter and caca nibs and activated nuts!
1 tbs tahini
2 tbs water
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
optional 1 tsp honey (omit if quitting sugar) or stevia. click here for the best one and it will last you for at least one year so it is worth it.
Mix all ingredients and enjoy!
Nut butter/ Tahini golden cream
1tbs your favourite nut butter, I love tahini for this again
1/3 tsp ground turmeric
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp honey (omit if quitting sugar) it is ok to ad 3-4 drops of stevia liquid to sweeten it, click here for the best one and it will last you for at least one year so it is worth it.
1 -2 tsp nut milk to liquify it a bit
Mix and drip over pancakes!